Catalyst FINposium 2
Event: Working Group Meeting
Date: January 2016
Location: New Delhi
Attendance: 55 participants representing 38 organizations
- Share findings from the Dalberg-led consumer and merchant research on interest and usage of digital payments; and
- Learn and share ideas for collaborative projects among partners.
Merchant and Consumer Research:
Dalberg shared both quantitative and qualitative findings on merchant and consumer behavior toward adoption of digital payments – these were received with interest by the partners. The discussion following the partnership yielded two major takeaways:
- Providing both consumers and merchants with opportunity for trials; and
- Identifying use-cases that are relevant, specific and strong enough to invoke a conversion.
Partners shared their ideas and plans to implement pilots based on hypotheses gathered through research and initial proof-of-concept work conducted by them and Dalberg. This included presentation on three projects:
- Digital Kirana (Janalakshmi, Snapdeal and Dalberg);
- Digitizing retailer to company payments (Coca Cola);and
- India Stack project (CGAP and iSPIRT).